An Overview of Upcoming Changes to Auto Insurance Rates for B.C
On September 1, 2019, the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) will be making significant changes to the province's auto insurance rates with the aim to make rates fairer for all drivers. If you have car insurance in Prince George, then you need to be aware of these changes. The Prince George insurance agents at Nauroth & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd. are here to help you prepare with an overview of what to expect.
What Will Determine My New Rates?
- Driving experience and record
Important note: To more accurately reflect risk, you will need to list all other drivers who regularly use your vehicle. The additional driver with the highest risk will reflect 25% of your total premium. If an unlisted driver is involved in a crash using your vehicle, you may face up to an additional $5,000 for a claim.
- Where and how you use your vehicle
- Policy discounts and add-ons
• A 10% discount on vehicles driven less than 5,000 km a year
• A 10% discount on vehicles with an original equipment manufacturer automatic emergency braking system
Two new optional add-ons will also be introduced:
• Unlisted driver protection for those who occasionally lend their vehicle to drivers not listed on their policy, starting at $50 a year.
• A learner's premium that will help cover the cost of accidents caused by a learner, ranging from $130 to $230 per year based on location.
Affordable, Flexible Auto Insurance in Prince GeorgeWith the insurance landscape changing, it is more important than ever to have a Prince George insurance company that you can trust. Nauroth & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd. offers personalized car insurance in Prince George so that you know you are fully covered for all of your driving needs. We'll help you get the best rates now and when the new changes are introduced.
For any more questions about auto insurance in Prince George, don't hesitate to contact the team at Nauroth & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd. today.